The PG Diploma in Garde Manger & Cruise Line Services is a unique program designed to train and
develop future leaders of the hospitality industry. This program is affiliated to Bharathiar University,
Coimbatore which is a UGC recognized university and amongst the top ten universities in India. The
course duration is spread over three years, which includes a six month industrial training in five star
or luxury hotels. The course helps students understand in-depth, hotel and catering operations. It
also gives students hands-on work experience and monitored training through practical classes. The
students shall also be awarded with online certification from American Hospitality Academy, USA,
World Campus. The modules act as finishing school programs for students.
- The minimum qualification for admission is 10+2 system of Senior Secondary Education with
a 3-year diploma or degree in catering and hotel management with English as one of the
- The maximum age limit is 25 years for candidates as on 1st July.
- The applicant should be medically fit and the same should be certified by a registered medical officer
The course duration is 1 year with 3 months of industrial training.
The aim of this course is to provide education to students aspiring management positions in
hospitality organizations in both, private as well as public sectors of the industry. Students are
introduced, through this course, to the wide choice of career opportunities available within the
hospitality/ tourism industry. On successful completion of this PG Diploma, the graduates develop
the following abilities:
- The capacity and desire to read analytically, on a range of appropriate materials, to think logically and to communicate clearly.
- The technical and managerial skills and product knowledge necessary for a career in the hospitality / tourism industry
- An interdisciplinary approach to problem-solving and decision making.
- The personal competence necessary for careers at managerial and operational levels.
Year 1 - Subjects
- Introduction to Culinary Arts
- Garde Manger
- International Cuisine
- Practical Cooking
- Kitchen Organization & Planning
- Practicality of Cooking
Career & Placement Opportunities
We are proud to boast about the 100% placement records of the past years. Our Graduates earn their first salaries between INR 10,000-36,000.
Global growth and development of tourism has opened up innumerable openings. As a result, graduates can look forward to the following career opportunities:
- Management Trainee in Hotels and allied industries
- Guest / Customer Relation Executive in Hotels and other service sectors
- Kitchen Management/ Housekeeping Management Trainee in Hotels
- Flight Kitchens also offer opportunities for career building
- Executive (multi-skilled) in Fast Food chains
- Hospital and Institutional Catering Executives
- Faculty in Hotel Management / Food Craft Institutes (after gaining industry work experience)
- Cabin Crew in National and International Airlines
- Catering Officer or Chef in Cruise Lines
The Training & Placement cell provides excellent infrastructure to support every stage of the placement process. Arrangement of pre-training and placements discussions, written test, interviews and group discussions are made as per the requirements of the organization as well as the students. A regular corporate interaction weaves the thread to create a mosaic for 100% placements.
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets (attested photocopies)
- 1 Original
- 1 Attested copy
- 1 Photocopy
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving Certificate
- Proof of identity
- 4 passport size photographs