Board of Intermediate Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh
The Intermediate in Hotel Operations is a unique program designed to train and develop future leaders of the hospitality industry. This program is offered by Board of Intermediate Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh. The course duration is spread over two years, which includes a two-month on-the Job training in five star or luxury hotels. The course helps students understand hotel and catering operations in depth. It also gives students hands-on work experience and monitored training, through practical classes.
- The minimum qualification for admission is 10th class pass ( Secondary School Certificate ) or its equivalent with English as one of the compulsory subjects
- The maximum age limit is 20 years for candidates as on 1st July.
- The applicant should be medically fit and the same should be certified by a registered medical officer
The course duration is spread across two years with Theory, Practical and On-the-Job Training
The aim of this course is to provide education to students who aspire to get Supervisory level positions in hospitality organizations in both, private as well as public sectors of the industry. Students are introduced, through this course, to the wide choice of career opportunities available within the hospitality/ tourism industry.
On successful completion of the course, students can find jobs in hotels and fulfilling career.They are offered many chances of career growth.
- Business Communication
- Front Office (Theory)
- Front Office (Basics & Practical)
- Personality Development
Career & Placement Opportunities
We are proud to boast about the 100% placement records of the past years.
Global growth and development of tourism has opened up innumerable openings. As a result, students who completed Hotel Operations can look forward to the following career opportunities:
- Entry Level Jobs in Hotels and allied industries
- Guest/ Customer Relation Executive in Hotels and other Service Sectors
- Career Opportunities in Flight Kitchens
- Multi-Skilled Executive in Fast Food chains
- Hospital and Institutional Catering Executive
- Faculty in Hotel Management/ Food Craft Institutes (after gaining industry work experience)
- Catering Officer or Chef in Cruise Lines
- Marketing/ Sales Executive in Hotels
- Executive in Tourism Development Corporations and Resort properties
- Self-employed entrepreneurs
- 10th Mark sheets (attested photocopies)
- 1 Original
- 1 Attested copy
- 1 Photocopy
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving Certificate
- Proof of identity
- 4 passport size photographs