GESTO Culinary & Hospitality academy is a renowned network of Educational Institutions dedicated to provide highest level of Culinary and Hospitality Skills Development Training through Top Class Programs. The academy believes in two dimensional focus of 'Technical Knowhow' and 'Hands on Experience' leading to Professional Excellency and Positive Attitude.
The Diploma in Catering Science and Hotel Management is a program designed to train and develops future hospitality professionals. Diploma in Catering science and Hotel Management is offered by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore which is a UGC recognised University and amongst the top ten University in India. The course duration is for one year, after which a students would be placed for six months industrial training in five star or luxury hotels. The Course helps the student understand hotel & catering operations it also gives students hands on work experience and monitored training through practical’s classes .The course helps the student have a overview of the Hotel business.
- The minimum qualification for admission is 10+2 system of Senior Secondary Education or its equivalent with English as one of the compulsory subject
- The Maximum Age limit is 25 years for candidates as on 1st July, 2014.
- The student should be medically fit; the same should be certified by Registered medical officer
The Course duration is one year, with practical’s &Theory Modules
The overall aim of this course is to provide an education for students who aspire to Operations positions in hospitality organizations in both the private and public sectors of industry. Students are introduced, through this course, to the wide choice of career opportunities available within the hospitality/tourism industry. On successful completion of the diploma the candidates develop the following characteristics:
- The capacity to understand Hospitality operation.
- The technical and operations skills and product knowledge necessary for a career in the hospitality/tourism industry.
- A Mid level approach to problem-solving and decision making.
- The course trains for competence necessary for careers at Associate Level
Year 1 - Subjects
- Food production & Patisserie (Theory & practical’s)
- Food & Beverage Service (Theory & practical’s)
- Accommodation Operations(Theory & practical’s)
Career & Placement Opportunities
We are proud to boast the 100% placement records for the past years
Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable openings. As a result graduate can look forward to following career opportunities:
- Hotel Operation Trainee in Hotel and Allied Industry
- Guest/ Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors
- Kitchen operations/ Housekeeping operations Trainee in Hotels
- Flight Kitchens also offer opportunities for career building
- Associate multi skilled in Fast Food Chains
- Hospital and Institutional Catering Executives
- Cabin Crew in National and International Airlines
- Catering staff or Asst Chef in Cruise Lines
- Assistants in Tourism Development Corporations and Resort properties
- Self-employed entrepreneurs
The Training and Placement cell provides excellent infrastructure to support every stage of the placement process. Arrangement for the pre training and placements talks, written test, interviews and group discussion are made as per the requirements of the organization as well as the students. A regular corporate interaction weaves the thread to create a mosaic for hundred percent placements.
- P&O Cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Liners
- Ramada International
- Domino’s Pizza
- Holiday Inn
- Aviation Industry & Corporate Houses
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets (attested photocopies)
- 1 Original
- 1 Attested copy
- 1 Photocopy
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving Certificate
- Proof of identity
- 4 passport size photographs