GESTO Culinary &Hospitality academy has a renowned network of Educational Institutions. GESTO is dedicated to provide highest level of Culinary and Hospitality Skills Development Training through Top Class Programs. The academy believes in two dimensional focus of 'Technical Knowhow' and 'Hands on Experience' leads to Personality Development and Character. Our ultimate aim is to instill professional excellence which leads to career success.
The certificate in Basic Carving is a program designed to train and develops future hospitality professionals. The course duration is for 1 month, after which a students would be placed in five star or luxury hotels. The course helps the student understand Basic Carving. It also gives students hands on work experience and monitored training through practical classes.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- The minimum qualification for admission is 10th pass with English as one of the compulsory subject.
- The maximum age limit is 25 years.
- The student should be medically fit, the same should be certified by registered medical officer.
The course duration is one month with practical & Theory
Program Start Dates
- The course commences in the first week of every month. Registrations for the program are based on first come first served basis.
Introduction to the basics of carving and buffet decoration techniques.
- Knife handling & Safety
- Carving of the following vegetables- turnip, beetroot, carrot, watermelon, onion, tomato & radish
- Flowers on vegetables
- Butter / Tallow sculptures
- Buffet decoration techniques
- Ice carving
- Presentation / Display techniques
- P&O Cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Liners
- Ramada International
- Domino’s Pizza
- Holiday Inn
- Aviation Industry & Corporate Houses
The students will learn to bring out their hidden creativity, master the use of carving instruments etc. Today, vegetable carving is no longer a feast fit only for kings and has been adapted by other countries and cultures as a sophisticated way to 'wow' guests with special garnishes or to add humorous touches to the home table.
Documents to Be Submitted
- 10th Mark sheets (Attested Photocopies) 1 set Originals, 1 set of attested copy and 1 set of photocopy.
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer Or Leaving Certificate
- ID Proof
- 4 Passport size photographs